Monday, June 3, 2013

NEW ARTIST! Please welcome oil painter, Raette Meredith

Raette at workRaette Meredith

Join us in welcoming our newest artist, Raette Meredith, to the Paint Metal & Mud family. Raette recently moved to the valley with her husband, son and two daughters, and she's eager to get her palette knives and paints out into western Montana's bounty of beautiful landscapes. Stop by the gallery and say "hi" to Raette, and check out her beautiful paintings.


"I first found satisfaction with creating art when I was a young child. I don’t remember any time in my life when I wasn’t drawing or building something. As an adult, I find that painting with oils and a palette knife is the most challenging, and has held my attention longer than any other medium."

"When painting, time stops, I am completely focused on the subject I am painting. This focus keeps me grounded. Painting is not an option for me, it is something that I simply must do."
      - Raette Meredith


"Aspens and Spring Grasses" (c) Raette Meredith
"Aspens and Spring Grasses" by Raette Meredith (20"x16")

1 comment: