Saturday, March 23, 2024

Paint, Metal & Mud's Artist of the Week: Michelle Hoag


Paint, Metal & Mud's Artist of the Week: Michelle Hoag
"I am a professional wildlife and landscape photographer, based in Kalispell, Montana. My original passion was capturing the beautiful landscapes of the Pacific Northwest with images being published as photo essays for local newspapers, charity calendars and on front covers of magazines.
It wasn’t until my husband and I started exploring the national parks, that I found true enjoyment photographing wildlife. Made sense, I am an animal lover! I began updating my camera gear to include telephoto lenses. Attended a week long educational workshop in Jackson, WY for wildlife and landscape photography. I also hired a well known wildlife photographer based in Jackson, WY for a one-on-one session. His first questions to me; what is your objective for our day of photography? My answer; see and photograph grizzly bears. We had a successful day of early morning landscape photography and in the afternoon photographing a Grizzly Sow with her new cub. From that point forward, I have been specializing in photographing the amazing diversity of wildlife and landscape of the national parks, local state parks and wildlife management areas. Every time I go out, I strive to make beautiful images, be an ethical photographer and behave respectfully in the field." - from www.michellehoagphotography.com
Find Michelle's incredible work along with our other talented artists at 8 1st Street E, Suite 104 in downtown Kalispell. #supportlocalartists #wildlifephotography


 

No comments:

Post a Comment