Wednesday, December 12, 2018

12 Artists: Joanna Griffin

Elf #3 of 12 from Paint Metal & Mud Artists' Coop..here to give you a look behind the scenes of my pottery ....JOANNA GRIFFIN, Pomegranate Clay Studio.
3:45 am and through the window, past the bright flame of fir and balsam candles burning, my fingers slide through the creamy clay as I pull 13 handles for mugs to answer customer's dreams. Montana mugs...mugs with tall pines and words of peace, bold big black & white mugs for somebody's grown son, rainbowed mugs of joy, dinnerware mugs with "Stacy's Kitchen" scrawled purposefully for a husband's gift to his wife. And as I work I am whistling the Magnificat.
I see my work as both a prayer and its answer revealed. Sometimes it is mine...other times it is the relationship or dance I do with my customers. Words of hope, celebration, comfort and joy are woven with color and design. I often see my work as a line of functional greeting cards...dishwasher safe and ready to embrace your coffee, bring joy under your salad or a smile just when you need it.
Peruse the pics and swing by our coop...I will be behind the desk today..painting Montana on Christmas ornaments .

No automatic alt text available.
No automatic alt text available.
Image may contain: indoor
Image may contain: indoor

No comments:

Post a Comment