Wednesday, December 12, 2018

12 Artists: Kay Lynn

I am Kay Lynn, next of the Paint Metal and Mud's 12 Artists Of Christmas! 

I hope you find time to enjoy visiting our unique gallery this season and that you take a moment to check out my work.

With my mixed media/mosaic wall pieces I celebrate the vitality of color and texture from glass, ceramic, minerals, fossils and other assorted and delightful little objects that create meaning for me within my designs. There is a hard edge quality to these works because of the materials I use but this is a design choice as well. I definitely come from the "Less is more" school with my landscapes, be they representational or abstract. 


The power and beauty of the metaphysical force behind nature is my recurrent theme , as well as its presence through millennia. Thus the use of fossils to remind the viewer that our feet are only wading in a wonderous river of time. Each of my works represents a frozen moment of that flow; a moment to experience deeply and to enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment