Sunday, December 23, 2018

12 Artists: Monique Kleinhans

Hello all! My name is Monique Kleinhans and I'm the 12th Elf in our 12 Artists of Christmas this year.
My work at the gallery is made mostly of fibers and fabric. I combine traditional quilting with art techniques to create both pictorial and abstract pieces that can hang on your wall, dress your table or even wrap you up in a warm hug while your read in your favorite chair or are nestled all snug in your bed. Always looking for ways to use each and every ounce of fabric and accoutrements, I also make quilted greeting cards and Christmas ornaments that are miniature thread paintings placed on old wooden spools.
My love for working in the medium as well as experimenting within the craft, came directly from one of the most wonderful people on this planet....My Mother! She is still one of my favorite people to experiment new ideas or techniques with and an inspiration to always keep learning and dreaming.
You'll find me at the gallery tomorrow morning, or if you're not able to swing by, you can always visit me at my website: www.ladybugscabin.com
I hope you have a very Merry Christmas, wonderful holidays, and a New Year full of art!

No automatic alt text available.

Image may contain: indoor

Image may contain: sky, outdoor and nature
Image may contain: plant and indoor

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, tree, outdoor and nature

No comments:

Post a Comment