Saturday, December 22, 2018

12 Artists: Linda Sole

Hello there! I'm Linda Sole, another of the 12 artists of Christmas here at Paint Metal &  Mud. 
Along with the jewelry making I have done to get ready for the Christmas season, I have been dabbling with air drying (two to three days depending on the temp and humidity) enamel over wood products. The ones I like doing the most are the wood cutout ornaments or wall plaques. I have been buying commercial made colors, but find they are discontinued or the formulas change which makes consistency tough. So, I began experimenting with making the liquid colors myself to make my own fanciful colors. Sometimes I come back to the studio to check on the pieces' progress after the drying process (which takes about eight hours to show the true colors) are looking and find a yuck -  well that didn't work to WOW! )) how cool is that? I also have been surfacing carved pieces and find the three-D color working out pretty well. I get to play with found objects like buttons and feathers to enhance the pieces. I have several of these unique pieces at Paint Metal and Mud and on my website mooncradlestudio.com. 

Hope you all have a happy holiday season filled with love and family.




No comments:

Post a Comment