Tuesday, December 11, 2018

12 Artists of Christmas: Phil Granrud




Hi. I'm Philip Granrud, a local photographer here in the Flathead Valley, and I'm the first artist to start PM&M's 12 Artists of Christmas for this years holidays. Everyday we will be featuring one of our talented artists from the gallery and there just happens to be 12 of us, so it works out perfectly. 
So a couple fun facts about me: I've lived here my entire life except for college in Bozeman. I love Montana and I've always enjoyed the outdoors. But in 2008 I developed an even greater appreciation for nature and exploring, and I wanted to capture all the neat things I was seeing on my adventures, so I started doing photography for fun. I'm probably best known for my night sky photography. I almost immediately got into night photography because I've always been a bit of a night owl, my knowledge of photography grew quickly, and before I knew it, many Universities across the Western United States were using some of my photos as examples for two things: Art/Photography Professors were using my night photos to teach their students about long exposures and night photography. And Science Professors and Astronomers were using my photos to teach their students about the night sky and science. It all happened so fast and that's when I realized I should be doing photography professionally. I've been lucky enough to do a few firsts and I'm also known for some my photojournalism. Currently I do just about every type of photography. Portraits, Weddings, Night Photography, Wildlife, Landscapes, Real Estate, Photojournalism, Abstract, Events, etc. I'm currently trying to restructure my business(s) because I've grown so much, so I'm spending all my time trying to catch up with that. I do have a big project relating to Glacier National Park starting this month that will continue indefinitely so that's exciting. Thank you for taking the time to learn more about me. 

Stay tuned every day as each of our artists introduce themselves and their work!

No comments:

Post a Comment